#1 2014-04-14 07:38:45

edwinsn

How to disable the builtin exception catching ?

Hi ab,

Few days ago I was trying to to test "21 - HTTP Client-Server performance", right after I started the server the red light was on showing me an exception error about system.@DynArrayHigh, and it hang, the Windows 'app crash' system dialog took over.

How to disable the built-in exception logging? I want to  let **madExcept** handle that so that I can dbl-clicking go to the source code in the IDE.

Thanks.

Delphi XE4 Pro on Windows 7 64bit.
Lazarus trunk built with fpcupdelux on Windows with cross-compile for Linux 64bit.

#2 2014-04-19 07:04:20

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: How to disable the builtin exception catching ?

I never saw it in my tests...

Are you sure you run the server with administrator rights, so that the HTTP.SYS server is used?
Or at least register the URI, i.e. run the server once with administrator rights?
The Socket-based server is not stable enough in high-volume stress test.

BTW, if you enable the detailed map file generation in your project, you won't need MadExcept: the mORMot TSynLog class will log the stack trace of the exception, with all source code line numbers!
The feature is already within our libraries!
For free!

#3 2014-04-19 07:42:34

edwinsn

ab, I always use my copter with an administrator account smile
screenshot is uploaded: http://screenpresso.com/=kiMec
http://screenpresso.com/=kiMec

Can you still tell me how to disable the exception logging? I prefer madExcept because it's IDE integration. Thanks.

ab wrote:

I never saw it in my tests...

Are you sure you run the server with administrator rights, so that the HTTP.SYS server is used?
Or at least register the URI, i.e. run the server once with administrator rights?
The Socket-based server is not stable enough in high-volume stress test.

BTW, if you enable the detailed map file generation in your project, you won't need MadExcept: the mORMot TSynLog class will log the stack trace of the exception, with all source code line numbers!
The feature is already within our libraries!
For free!

Lazarus trunk built with fpcupdelux on Windows with cross-compile for Linux 64bit.

#4 2014-04-29 04:28:51

edwinsn

Hi ab, maybe you missed this reply, Can you still tell me how to disable the exception logging? Thanks.

#5 2014-04-29 06:49:16

ab
Administrator
Website

AFAIR exception logging is enabled, and OS Exception handler is hooked only if sllExceptionOS and sllException are set in logging settings.

Board footer