#1 2015-05-29 12:04:57

edwinsn

Mark "recommended to upgrade" github revisions?

Arnaud,

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but obviously you are aware that mORMot is being actively developed (https://github.com/synopse/mORMot/commits/master), sometimes a commit is for bugfixes while another is for new functions, and it's not feasible to keep updated on a daily basis.

May I suggest you to distinguish the revisions by categories, for example, "for beta test only", "considered stable", "new function in progress", etc? That'll help us to decide which revision to use for production.

Have a nice weekend!

Delphi XE4 Pro on Windows 7 64bit.
Lazarus trunk built with fpcupdelux on Windows with cross-compile for Linux 64bit.

#2 2015-05-29 19:59:19

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Mark "recommended to upgrade" github revisions?

It may be time to make an official release of the 1.18.

But most of the time, you could use any release, once all regression tests do pass for them.

The latest versions are almost always more stable.
Regressions are found very fast, usually.

So what you can do is use a version, test it on your side, then if there is no regression signaled in the TimeLine after one or two weeks, you can use it on production.

But of course, you have regression tests for your app, so it is not a problem to update your production environment, right?
wink
At least, you may use a "pre-production" test environment, either at your main office, or with a sub-part of your customers.

#3 2015-05-30 16:10:13

edwinsn

Re: Mark "recommended to upgrade" github revisions?

Thanks for your reply. You are right. And now if I think a little bit more about it, actually your commit comments are informative enough to identify which rev. to use. big_smile

Delphi XE4 Pro on Windows 7 64bit.
Lazarus trunk built with fpcupdelux on Windows with cross-compile for Linux 64bit.

Board footer