#1 2014-03-31 12:35:03

foncci

StackInfo and StackTrace for Exception

Last weekend I was having troubles with some exceptions, thanks to TSQLLog in mORMot to find them by accessing the stacktrace. But doing some research I found that Delphi Exception class  doesn't provide it by itself so you have to get some extra utility like EurekaLog $$$ for example.

Delphi Helps says:

StackInfo provides the stack information when this exception is raised.
StackInfo provides the stack information when this exception is raised. The value of StackInfo is an untyped pointer, because there is no defined format for this information to be stored as. To access human-readable stack information, read the value of the StackTrace property.

StackTrace specifies the stack trace at the moment when the exception was raised.
Read the value of StackTrace on a caught exception to retrieve a formatted string that describes the stack trace at the moment when the exception was raised.

I think that TSQLLog  should provide the procedure for StackInfo to get StackTrace, in TSQLLog it is already done so it is not a lot of work and the most important thing, I read several post in StackOverflow about people needing this feature and the choices are EurekaLog, JDBGVCL? and another 2 I don't recall now. Providing this feature will bring a lot of new users to know our mORMot even if that is the only reason. I think this is a marketing investment.

#2 2014-04-07 08:58:41

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: StackInfo and StackTrace for Exception

I still don't fully understand your point, here...
sad

You can have the stack trace logged using current version of SynCommons.pas.
It is an already existing feature!

#3 2014-04-08 11:05:23

foncci

Re: StackInfo and StackTrace for Exception

I know it but I would like to use it together with Delphi Exception. If you don't understand me I leave you some stackoverflow questions, maybe you'll better understand them. As I said before I know how to get it using SynCommons but it would be a good idea for marketing purposes to offer a simple way to get that for non mORMot users.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1589 … -exception
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2587 … pplication

Board footer