#1 2014-04-21 10:01:39

hadimoradi

Export RichEdit

I use TfrxRichEdit component to support RTF file in our Reports. We have a client who uses very small font to create the RTF. When he exports the Report to PDF, some of the worlds overwritten on another world.
The 1st part of the image is PREVIEW screen of FastReport and the 2nd part of it is exported by Adobe Distiller, which is correct, but the last part of the image is exported by SynPDF which is overwritten as it is shown in the image.

If there is any solution, please inform me

Thanks

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Compare
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sample RTF File (Sorry, I couldn't find a way to upload the RTF file, please create it with following information as an example for me)
Font: Times New Roman
Size: 5
Text: 12.1 The Customer shall at its own cost and expense, during the Term and any period of overholding pursuant to paragraph 1.2:
(a) Insure and keep insured the Leased Property for the full replacement cost thereof, against loss or damage by fire, theft, weart, collision, transportation, act of God, and such other perils and risks as would ...

var
  frxSynPDFExport: TfrxSynPDFExport;
begin
  frxSynPDFExport := TfrxSynPDFExport.Create(Self);
  try
    frxSynPDFExport.Compressed := True;
    frxSynPDFExport.Background := True;
    frxSynPDFExport.EmbeddedFonts := False;
    frxSynPDFExport.Title := Self.Caption;
    frxSynPDFExport.Subject := Self.Caption;
    frxSynPDFExport.DefaultPath := GAppPath;
    frxSynPDFExport.Filename := FileName+'.pdf';
    frxSynPDFExport.ShowDialog := False;
    frxSynPDFExport.OpenAFterExport := True;
    CustomPreview.Report.Export(frxSynPDFExport);
  finally
    FreeAndNil(frxSynPDFExport);
  end;
end;

Last edited by hadimoradi (2014-04-30 05:51:22)

#2 2014-04-21 10:29:02

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Export RichEdit

I can't reproduce the error here, when I use our own reporting engine and its TGDIPages.AppendRichEdit() method.

Perhaps you may try to change the font scaling settings - see TPdfCanvasRenderMetaFileTextPositioning values and KerningHScaleBottom, KerningHScaleTop properties.

How to you create the SynPDF export? Via the metafile? Via a rendering engine?  Is the exported metafile correct?
Sounds more than something tied to TfrxRichEdit itself.

#3 2014-04-22 10:57:09

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Export RichEdit

I do not have nor use FastReport...
Since I rely on our mORMotReport unit instead.

This TfrxSynPDFExport was nicely posted on the forum by some users...

Sounds like if all this has already been discussed here
http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7680#p7680

Board footer