#1 2014-10-06 16:21:15

Marcelo Economatica

PieChart in PDF?

I have started use the PDF Engine last week to allow one existing application generate PDF reports.

One of the reports I am working have a piechart generated using TCanvas.Pie(). The resulting PDF lacks the piechart.

After some debugging, I found that the TPdfCanvas.RenderMetaFile() does not handle the PIE record on the metafile.

I have no experience with PDF. Is there anything I could do so the piechart appears on the PDF?

TIA
Marcelo

#2 2014-10-06 17:05:22

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: PieChart in PDF?

You can use try to draw the pie by hand, using regular Arc/Line commands instead of Pie()...

#3 2016-06-07 09:41:10

MtwStark

Re: PieChart in PDF?

Marcelo Economatica wrote:

I have started use the PDF Engine last week to allow one existing application generate PDF reports.

One of the reports I am working have a piechart generated using TCanvas.Pie(). The resulting PDF lacks the piechart.

After some debugging, I found that the TPdfCanvas.RenderMetaFile() does not handle the PIE record on the metafile.

I have no experience with PDF. Is there anything I could do so the piechart appears on the PDF?

TIA
Marcelo

Hello Marcelo, I have added handling of EMR_ARC, EMR_CHORD and EMR_PIE in TPdfCanvas.RenderMetaFile()
If you still need it, I can send you the modified SynPDF.pas

Board footer