#1 2014-12-23 17:34:24

Lajos Juhasz

Strange PDF rendering problem

System Windows 8.1
Delphi XE5
SynPdf 1.18

I have created a PDF from metafile produced by QuickReport. If I open the PDF using Microsoft Reader the content is rendered ok. However Adobe Reader 11.0.10 doesn't renders it correctly. Replaces the letter č with letter đ. However if I select the text and copy it to clipboard and paste the text to notepad the text is correct (in this case Matični broj).

Can anyone help me to figure out what to check? If Adobe can copy correctly to the clipboard my guess is that the PDF file is correct.

#2 2014-12-24 09:04:31

Lajos Juhasz

Re: Strange PDF rendering problem

I have narrowed down the problem that the text is not rendered correctly by Adobe when the font is Arial Narrow Bold. Even when I change the font to be Arial Narrow the text is rendered correctly. I have checked the source meta file and it is correct as far as I can tell.

The only way for now to produce a PDF that Acrobat can display is to fully embed TTF fonts.Even when I try to embed fonts with EmbeddedWholeTTF set to false Adobe cannot correctly display the file.

Is there anything else I could try to solve this problem?

#3 2014-12-24 15:50:45

Lajos Juhasz

Re: Strange PDF rendering problem

My solution for this problem was to change the source that it will always embed only Arial Narrow Bold, this is 89KB size growth and now I can wait that Adobe fixes the reader.

Board footer