#1 2015-08-20 18:55:47

restneophyte

How do I keep my ReST server connected to a mySQL database active?

Using Delphi XE8 and the latest nightly build of mORMot, I have created a 'stand-alone' ReST Server (as shown below) that runs on a Windows Server hosted by Amazon.

iConnection := TSQLDBZEOSConnectionProperties.Create(TSQLDBZEOSConnectionProperties.URI(dMySQL, c_mySQLDBServer + ':3306'), c_mySQLDB, c_mySQLDBUsername, c_mySQlDBPassword);
  try
    iModel := OurDataModel;
    VirtualTableExternalRegister(iModel, TCustomersProducts, iConnection, 'TableCustomersProducts');
    try
      iRestServer := TSQLRestServerDB.Create(iModel, ':memory:', false);
      try
        iRestServer.CreateMissingTables;
        iHttpServer := TSQLHttpServer.Create(SERVER_PORT, [iRestServer], '+', useHttpApiRegisteringURI);
        try
          writeln('Background server is running.'#10);
          write('Press [Enter] to close the server.');
          readln;
        finally
          iHttpServer.Free;
        end;
      finally
        iRestServer.Free;
      end;
    finally
      iModel.Free;
    end;
  finally
    iConnection.Free;
  end;

Everything works as expected during the day. Indeed, my server is running in the background and my Client is able to access it without any problems. However, if the server has been 'running' all night long, the next morning, my Client app is no longer able to access it. At that point, I have to stop and re-start the server.

I suppose that, because the server was not called during the night, the connection to the database was lost.

What should I do in order to keep my server running functionally for long period of time? Any suggestions, pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Board footer