#1 2016-01-21 14:27:09

jeanmilost

TPdfCanvas TextRect() and MultilineTextRect() not supports Unicode?

Hello,

I tried to write some texts in Hebrew, Arabic and Japanese inside a PDF file. Using the function TextOut() available in the TPdfCanvas, the texts are written correctly. Now I tried to write the same texts using the TextRect() and MultilineTextRect() available in the same canvas. The result shows only ??? symbols for all non Latin texts. I tried some workarounds, as e.g. converting text to UTF8, but no way.

The texts to write are declared as follow:
std::wstring WAppSettings::m_EnglishText  = L"Any text... What happen?";
std::wstring WAppSettings::m_JapaneseText = L"任意のテキストには、何が起こりますか?";
std::wstring WAppSettings::m_HebrewText   = L"כל טקסט, מה קורה?";
std::wstring WAppSettings::m_ArabicText   = L"أي نص، ماذا يحدث؟";

And here is the code I use to draw the text:
This code works
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->BeginText();
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextOut(300, 400, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_EnglishText.c_str()));
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextOut(300, 500, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_JapaneseText.c_str()));
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextOut(300, 600, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_HebrewText.c_str()));
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextOut(300, 700, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_ArabicText.c_str()));
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->EndText();

This code not works
    TPdfRect pdfRect;
    pdfRect.Left   = 300;
    pdfRect.Top    = 400;
    pdfRect.Right  = pdfRect.Left + 100;
    pdfRect.Bottom = pdfRect.Top + 20;

pPdfDoc->Canvas->BeginText();
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextRect(pdfRect, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_EnglishText.c_str()), Synpdf::paLeftJustify, false);
    pdfRect.Top    = 500;
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextRect(pdfRect, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_JapaneseText.c_str()), Synpdf::paLeftJustify, false);
    pdfRect.Top    = 600;
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextRect(pdfRect, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_HebrewText.c_str()), Synpdf::paLeftJustify, false);
    pdfRect.Top    = 700;
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->TextRect(pdfRect, (WideChar*)(WAppSettings::m_ArabicText.c_str()), Synpdf::paLeftJustify, false);
    pPdfDoc->Canvas->EndText();

So what is the correct way to write the above texts using the TextRect() and MultilineTextRect() functions?

NOTE saying that I only can use TextOut() is not an acceptable solution for me. I need to be able to place the text on multiple lines, crop the text, word wrap it, and so on, whatever the used alphabet.

Regards

Board footer