#1 2016-02-11 22:32:48

jeanmilost

How to create a web link?

Hello,

I want to create a web link in my PDF document, in a such manner that, when an user click on it in Adobe Acrobat Reader, his web browser opens directly on the clicked link. As it's possible to create a such link in Adobe Acrobat, is there a way to do that in SymPdf, and if yes, how?

Regards

#2 2016-02-12 07:43:04

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: How to create a web link?

Just put http://toto.com/uri as text: Acrobat would recognize it directly AFAIK.

#3 2016-02-12 12:57:50

jeanmilost

Re: How to create a web link?

Thanks for the answer.

Indeed, Acrobat recognizes automatically the URLs inside a text, on the explicit condition that the URL not exceeds the page and is cut on max 2 lines. Unfortunately, for this reason, the auto-detection cannot be applied in my case, because I need to show a URL in a small rectangle on my page, and the available space is not enough for format the URL in a such manner that it can be recognized by Acrobat or any PDF reader.

What I need is really a kind of alias, that may work as a button. On my rectangle, I want to show the cropped URL or a plain text, that will act as a recognized URL when the user clicks on it. I know that Acrobat is able to create a such "button", so I'm interested to know if a such solution is available in SynPdf.

Regards

Board footer