#1 2016-10-19 10:41:30

JD

mORMot compilation blues in Lazarus

Hi there everyone,

I'm using Lazarus 2.6 and FPC 3.0 and and I've decided to take another look at mORMot. However I need some clarification on a few things

a) First of all, the default Delphi build for mORMot does not integrate well with Lazarus at all and all the example projects are in Delphi and it is almost impossible to get it to compile in Lazarus
b) Thanks to DonAlfredo/LongDirtyAnimAlf, I was able to get a version of mORMot tweaked for Lazarus. I was able to compile the test and a few examples which had already been converted to Lazarus like 04 HTTP Client-Server. However, as soon as I tried to convert the other Delphi based projects to Lazarus, the problems started. I kept running into a brick wall in SynCommons.pas at SystemInfo: TSystemInfo; with the error below

{code}
SynCommons.pas(11751,15) Error: Identifier not found "TSystemInfo"
{/code}

The funny thing is that I have an older copy of SynCommons.pas that I used in one of my old projects and this error does not show up. How do I solve this problem

c) I do not know where I can get a mORMot version of Lazarus in sync with the mORMot nightly build.

Overall I like mORMot and would very much like to give it a try, but the difficulties with Lazarus are holding me back. If you want to support Lazarus you really have to make available a parallel version that supports Lazarus out of the box because many of us have left Delphi and do not want to go back.

Thanks for your good work,

JD

#2 2016-10-20 17:09:17

AOG

Re: mORMot compilation blues in Lazarus

You could try NewPascal.
http://newpascal.org
Look also at its releases.
In ccr, you will find the mORMOt for FPC and Lazarus.

#3 2016-10-27 19:34:47

JD

Thanks a lot! I'm off to a flying start.

JD

#4 2016-10-29 15:02:35

JD

It happened again! I just tried to convert a mORMot Delphi project to Lazarus. And I simply could not understand why a perfectly working mORMot installation should suddenly fail. By a stroke of luck, I found the following thread http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2175

The culprit is the Delphi to Lazarus converter which according to AOG modifies mORMot. Point taken. But maybe we need to add this information to the documentation or make it a sticky on this forum so that Lazarus users won't continue to experence this problem and ask this same question repeatedly.

JD

#5 2016-10-29 19:16:34

AOG

Yep.

The most simple way to get Lazarus working with the mORMot, is just to open the dpr file as a normal Lazarus project.
Lazarus will then ask you if it has to create a Lazarus project.
Select Simple Program for command line samples.
Select Application for samples with a form.

After that, set the correct paths for
"Other unit files" ... has to point to both the mORMot base directory and the SQLite3 directory.
"Include files" ... has to point to the mORMot base directory.

That's it !

#6 2016-10-29 19:57:31

JD

AOG wrote:

Yep.

The most simple way to get Lazarus working with the mORMot, is just to open the dpr file as a normal Lazarus project.
Lazarus will then ask you if it has to create a Lazarus project.
Select Simple Program for command line samples.
Select Application for samples with a form.

After that, set the correct paths for
"Other unit files" ... has to point to both the mORMot base directory and the SQLite3 directory.
"Include files" ... has to point to the mORMot base directory.

That's it !

Thank you very much!

Board footer