#1 2018-10-01 15:01:11

DFergLFA

Hello and I need help...

OK, I am a newbie, well an oldie that is now a newbie again.  I used to use Pascal way, way back on my Comodore 64.  Have not used Pascal for about 30 years.  Not a developer, never have been.  Just a hobbyist.  I have been looking at Lazarus IDE and playing around with it a little here and a little there.  I found this project a few days ago and took it for a test.  I am not 100% certain on what this is exactly as compared to Lazarus.  Anyway...

I downloaded the latest and started adding some components.  When I add Achordocking I get a compile error of "-w".  Once I start getting that I can't get it to go away.  Even if I remove Anchordocking from the list of installed components, I still get it and can't install anything else.  If I install components before trying this one everything is fine.

So, can I get some idea of what the purpose of this Distro of Lazarus is as compared to generic Lazarus?  and can I get help with this error?

Thanks

Donald

Running on Windows 10 x64

#2 2018-10-01 19:30:31

hnb

Re: Hello and I need help...

NewPascal has few compiler changes (for example "default field" feature for smart pointers and ARC objects via using https://github.com/maciej-izak/PascalSmartPointers) but in most of cases is similar. Lazarus IDE is exactly the same. The main advantage of NewPascal is simple usage, you don't need to install anything -> "download and run with mORMot" out of box.

I was not able to reproduce you error. You can always try to use fpcupdelux to build your own Lazarus & FPC : https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases

best regards,
Maciej Izak

#3 2018-10-01 19:33:36

DFergLFA

Re: Hello and I need help...

Thank You, I will give fpcudelux a shot.  Just to make sure I was clear.  I have no problems installing and using Achordocking on Lazarus IDE from the Lazarus website, just what I downloaded from Newpascal.  Just FYI.  I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses. 

Thanks

Donald

Board footer