#1 2018-06-05 21:27:05

RedOctober

I'm looking for a tutor to teach me Mormot to build a dating website

My background is in Delphi (since D1).  I've been using Lazarus for about 8 months and love it.  I'm currently using:

Delphi XE3, Delphi XE7, Lazarus 1.8.2 FPC 3.0.4

I've been going around in circles for the past 2 months trying to find an easy to use technology to build a fast scalable dating web site.  So many technologies have been "flash-in-the-pan" techs that were super-hyped, are super bloated, and some have stalled or been outright abandoned.

My final product is NOT a dating website, however, a dating website IS technologically/architecturally the closest thing to what I want to end up with.

I normally use Firebird RDBMS for my database, but I can switch if the tutor recommends something better for this situation.

I'm willing to hire some one to teach me Mormot and/or Mormot on Lazarus to build this.  I'm a total beginner at Mormot.

The tutoring lessons I need are not "generic" but instead must the building blocks that will make my final product.

The number of hours I can hire for will of course, depend on your rates.  I speak English only.  I'm in the Mountain Time Zone of North America (UTC -7)

#2 2018-06-05 22:07:35

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: I'm looking for a tutor to teach me Mormot to build a dating website

First take a look at the MVC Web, in the documentation.
https://synopse.info/files/html/Synopse … #TITLE_497

For the views, using our Mustache engine will give you the opportunity to run a Web Site with very good separation of concerns: UI and logic.
For the data model, IMHO for mORMot the ORM + SQLite3 is the best option, especially in comparison to Firebird.
This combination will make it very scalable. And using FPC, and a nginx front-end as reverse proxy, you will have a very scalable solution. Or if you can afford it, a Windows server will also work fine with mORMot.

Look at the sample 31, then come back here for further questions.
We may then setup a web conference for further tutorial.

#3 2018-06-08 17:38:23

RedOctober

Re: I'm looking for a tutor to teach me Mormot to build a dating website

Hi ab.  I have read the TITLE_497.  The documentation is very extensive.  I get the "basic idea" of a template and a context.  I have also looked at the section 26.3 "Installation" at Here  I have downloaded the installation files listed.  Now I don't want to go any further bc I'm afraid I will mess up the installation somehow and be floundering around for days.

Maybe we could set up a shared screen tutoring time.  I don't expect free help. I can pay you.  I have the old TeamViewer 9 (paid for, legal license) if you can install/use the TeamViewer 9 client (it's in the archives of the TeamViewer website.  If you are in France, we'll have to a pick time that is convenient for both of us.  I'll click on your "Email" link and send you my email address.

Board footer