#1 2019-03-23 18:14:52

Pat Costigan

TRTLCriticalSection not found for macOS 32.

Hi,
I am using Delphi 10.3 (community edition) on Windows 10. I am using mormot on a SQLite DB that contains a single table. Using a firemonkey application, the win32 version compiles and runs fine but the macOS 32 version does not compile (or build). The problem is in SynCommons. The class TSynPersistent declares the private variable fSection: TRTLCriticalSection. However, the compiler says that TRTLCriticalSection is an ‘undeclared variable’ and I cannot seem to find its definition. I do not use any critical sections in my code and today I downloaded the latest mormot update from Github. What do I need to declare/omit/define in OSX to get this to compile.
I appreciate the work that goes into this package, truly outstanding.
Thanks,
Pat

#2 2019-03-24 09:29:25

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: TRTLCriticalSection not found for macOS 32.

OSX is not supported on Delphi, for the main units - like SynCommons.
Only with FPC - named Darwin.

For a Delphi OSX client, use the cross platform units.

#3 2019-03-25 21:20:09

Pat Costigan

Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your reply. So there is no way for me to host the database on a Mac system? Looking at the source code i do not see how to connect to a local database. I am sad that this did not work out. I was really starting to appreciate the functionality.

Best,
Pat

#4 2019-03-26 14:19:42

ab
Administrator
Website

For a server running on MacOSX, you can compile with FPC, and use the Darwin target.

But what you should rather do is NOT to connect directly to the DB, but define mORMot REST services, and access to them from the Mac using Cross-Platform clients.
See https://synopse.info/files/html/Synopse … ml#TITL_86

Then host the server in a Windows or Linux (via FPC) machine, which are proven for stability.
FPC/Darwin is still in its infancy (I don't have any Mac at hand, so testing/validation is done by some users, on a slow pace).

Board footer