#1 2011-11-07 10:31:37

migajek

D7 Personal, problem when compiling runtime package

Hi,
I need to compile the runtime package (plugin for my application) which uses SynCommons, however - while linking, I get this error: Need imported data reference ($G) to access 'VarCopyProc' from unit 'SynCommons'.

What however is *really* strange is that the plugin works properly (it's supposed to generate PDF report, maybe the pdf-related code does not use the 'problematic' part of code?)

I've tried of course including {$G+}  and {$IMPORTEDDATA ON} in Synopse.inc but it didn't solved the problem.

#2 2011-11-07 11:11:22

migajek

Re: D7 Personal, problem when compiling runtime package

it seems that the concern is about 1.15 version.
I have some older version (from may 2011, don't know which revision it was) on my HDD which compiles properly.

#3 2011-12-06 14:42:11

hugh

Hi,

I have a similar problem with D2007 for Win32 Professional.  I get the following error and warnings:

[DCC Warning] synpdf_proj.dpk(41): W1029 Duplicate constructor 'TZipWrite.CreateFrom' with identical parameters will be inacessible from C++
[DCC Warning] synpdf_proj.dpk(41): W1032 Exported package threadvar 'SynCommons.SynLogFileIndex' cannot be used outside of this package
[DCC Error] E2201 Need imported data reference ($G) to access 'VarCopyProc' from unit 'SynCommons'
[DCC Warning] W1029 Duplicate constructor 'TZipWrite.CreateFrom' with identical parameters will be inacessible from C++

Edit: Just realized I was in the wrong area.  I received these errors while compiling synPDF.

Last edited by hugh (2011-12-06 15:04:04)

#4 2011-12-06 14:57:35

hugh

I found this note on the embarcadero forum that describes the warning:

An object file is being generated and Two, differently named, constructors or destructors with identical parameter lists have been created; they will be inaccessible if the code is translated to an HPP file because constructor and destructor names are converted to the class name. In C++ these duplicate declarations will appear to be the same function.

I fixed the following warnings by changing the signature of this CreateFrom constructor to include a default integer parameter that does nothing.

[DCC Warning] synpdf_proj.dpk(41): W1029 Duplicate constructor 'TZipWrite.CreateFrom' with identical parameters will be inacessible from C++
[DCC Warning] W1029 Duplicate constructor 'TZipWrite.CreateFrom' with identical parameters will be inacessible from C++

constructor CreateFrom(const aFileName: TFileName; param:integer=0);

Board footer