#1 2013-02-26 13:26:21

sjerinic

Getting started first mORMot project

Hi,

I get new task to move one of our REST DataSnap projects from Indy components to mORMot Framework. System has Central Server which work with SQLServer Database and Client Side which send different tasks to Server and expect results. On Database All queries implemented like SQL views and all database entries (Insert/Update/Delete) realized like SQL Store Procedures. In this moment all Clients are Windows based computers but in future we expect and Cell Phones (Android, IPhone). Central server is for thousands access of concurrent users.
Now, client application connect to the Central Server and after Authentication its send different request like in this sample: function GetCountryList(regioID: integer): widestring;
Can somebody give me first initial ideas how to start. Is it better to realized Server Side from class THttpApiServer or as in Sample 4 from class TSQLHttpServer or something totally different?
Any suggestion is welcome because I don't know where to start.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

#2 2013-02-26 13:30:15

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Getting started first mORMot project

You should better use the RESTful routing feature of mORMot, instead of doing all by hand (like sample 4).

Your data seems to rely on MS SQL stored procedures, so you won't be very interrested with the ORM part of mORMot.

If you want to be AJAX ready, the best approach is to use interface-based services.
Read the corresponding part of the SAD pdf (in its 1.18 revision) from http://synopse.info/files/pdf/Synopse%2 … 201.18.pdf
And the latest source, as explained in http://synopse.info/fossil/wiki?name=Get+the+source

#3 2013-02-26 14:11:12

sjerinic

Thank you for fast reply!

Before continuing to read the documentation, can I use, in my case, any of 18 samples from Samples folder or do you have some other suggestion?

#4 2013-02-26 15:26:00

ab
Administrator
Website

Samples "14 - Interface based services" and  "16 - Execute SQL via services" are a good start, I suppose.

#5 2013-02-26 19:12:56

sjerinic

Thanks, again!

You've helped me a lot. Every beginning is difficult. smile

Board footer