#1 2015-09-22 08:22:48

dolfin

Firebird db objects names capitalization issue

Hi, I use external firebird db as a data store and TSQLDATASET ConnectionProperties class to interact with it. Unfortunately all tables and there fields names are stored in the db in capitalize form. The problem is I get JSON object in capitalize form too, in spite of Delphi objects names are written in camel case. I begun my project using sqlite db(for sql lite everything works fine) and now I need to switch to firebird db and as Javascript is case sensitive I have to change a lot of code. I think the serialized object should have names as it is set in delphi and do not depend on db or driver. What is the best way to solve this issue?

#2 2015-09-22 08:58:17

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Firebird db objects names capitalization issue

You could try to map the field names, giving explicitly uppercased names for the external database.

See http://synopse.info/files/html/Synopse% … l#TITL_120

#3 2016-03-16 13:42:20

dolfin

Hello!
I faced with new issue while getting JSON object response with fields in the upper case. Let me first describe my situation.
I tried to map fields as you suggest but with no luck(But still thank you for your idea, I used it for making table field's names more readable in the db). And unexpectedly I
discovered that if I add variant field to any model everything works as I need. The fields names are exectly as I set in the Model.
My model is:

type
  TProgramPlanDeleted = class(TSQLRecord)
    private
      FDeletedPlanId: TID;
      FCreateTime: TDateTime;
      FComment: Variant;
    published
      property DeletedPlanId: TID read FDeletedPlanId write FDeletedPlanId;
      property CreateTime: TDateTime read FCreateTime write FCreateTime;
      property Comment: Variant read FComment write FComment;
  end;

So without variant field "Comment" I get(http://local:8080/root/ProgramPlanDeleted/1):

{
  ID: 1,
  DELETEDPLANID: 2,
  CREATETIME: "2016-03-16"
}

And if I add variant field "Comment" I get:

{
  DeletedPlanId: 2,
  CreateTime: "2016-03-16",
  Comment: {
    a: 1
  }
}

So I resolved the issue by adding variant field to any model I use. But unfortunetly this worked only with version '1.18.1907'.

Today I updated my mormot to latest version and faced this issue again. For now in spite of variant field I always get such result:

{
  DELETEDPLANID: 2,
  CREATETIME: "2016-03-16"
}

I remind that this happens only when working with firebird db. I can't refuse from firebird nighther want to stay on old mormot  version. 
Could you please provide any help on this issue?

#4 2016-03-16 14:39:15

ab
Administrator
Website

Just try to add the rsoGetAsJsonNotAsString option to TSQLRestServer.

#5 2016-03-16 14:57:54

dolfin

Thank you very much!!! It works as magic!

#6 2016-03-16 16:40:01

dolfin

I played with TSQLRestServer options and faced with a few issues.
First of all I really want to say thank you for realization of soAddUpdateReturnsContent and rsoComputeFieldsBeforeWriteOnServerSide features but could you please clarify some details of its behavior:
1. Regarding rsoGetAsJsonNotAsString: if Model doesn't contain variant field the JSON response contains its fields in the uppercase. If model contains any variant field everything works fine. I think such behavior is a bit confusing.
2. Regarding soAddUpdateReturnsContent: The response always contains object fields in the upper case.
3. Regarding rsoComputeFieldsBeforeWriteOnServerSide: It works fine for fields TModTime / TCreateTime but if I perform PUT or POST request with only few fields (not with all fields of the model) then in "onBeforeWrite" function it is possible to modify only these fields. It is a bit inconvenient as for example I need to update only one field of the model (for example "Name") but on the server side I need to update another field "last_change_user_name" in "onBeforeWrite" function and for now I can’t do that.

Many thanks in advance!

Board footer