#1 2011-05-18 20:28:06

array81

SynGdiPlus problem

I have download last version of the framework (now).

My application run but when I close it I receive an error. The problem is line 925 of SynGdiPlus.pas files... I use Delphi 2006.

#2 2011-05-19 06:41:13

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: SynGdiPlus problem

What exact message or exception error is triggered, on which version of the OS?

Are you calling GdiPlus.Free in your application?
You don't have to call it, it's done on purpose by the application.
I just made a modification to handle multiple invalid calls to GdiPlus, if this is the root cause.

#3 2011-05-19 08:53:41

array81

I have update the framework now, I have the same problem both on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

See these images:

gdierror01.jpg

gdierror02.jpg

gdierror03.jpg

I don't call GdiPlus.Free I use it only to save an image on SQLite database. In the past the some code worked, I don't have change the code of my application from about 10 days, I have only update the SQLite Framework and try to recompile it.

#4 2011-05-19 09:11:54

ab
Administrator
Website

How do you use SynGdiPlus unit, i.e. how do you convert your image?

Do the TestSQLite3.dpr and SynFile.dpr programs run as expected with the latest versions?
On my computer, I don't have any problem with the new SynGdiPlus code, which was introduced to fix an issue when the unit was used within a library, not a stand-alone exe.

#5 2011-05-23 07:55:45

array81

I have solved it. I don't know why but I have found this code on one of my class:

initialization
  Gdip.RegisterPictures;

I have removed it and now it works also with the new version. smile

On fossil I have found this "introducing framework security and authentication", can you talk about it?

#6 2011-05-23 12:49:10

ab
Administrator
Website

array81 wrote:

On fossil I have found this "introducing framework security and authentication", can you talk about it?

I'm still working on it. It's not yet finished, and the features are still moving.

The documentation source file (.pro) contains updated information in the corresponding paragraph.

In short, it will implement:
- a "unsecure" mode by fault, with almost full remote access (only full SQL execution is not allowed on remote connections);
- a "secure" mode, with user sessions and user groups to define access rights.

It will implement the "secure" mode with:
- a session opening service, with hashing and challenge-based password checking;
- a per-query authentication, in order to make ensure each RESTful process is secure;
- try to avoid most common attacks (DOS, MITM..);
- lowest possible CPU usage possible on the server side.

The better security will be achieved under HTTPS (with kernel-mode http.sys server and httpapi client), but security could be not bad with other protocols.
See for some architecture principle http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/12/pr … ation.html

#7 2011-05-23 13:25:01

array81

It is interesting, I was going to add an authentication system for users of my program (when it works as client/server application).
I think I will wait the developments of the framework. I hope you will add also a specific demo for this new feature smile

Board footer