#1 2016-12-22 03:03:42

erick

Delphi RAD Server comparison

I was asked today to comment on RAD Server in comparison with the mORMot + optional Elevate Web Builder solution.

I made a three and a half minute video comparing:

RAD Server   versus   mORMot   versus   mORMot + Elevate Web Builder

I describe pricing as well as general features. 

It's at https://youtu.be/__BoOxUHWoU

Erick

Last edited by erick (2016-12-22 03:04:26)

#2 2016-12-22 08:24:56

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Delphi RAD Server comparison

Nice video!

In fact, there is full analytics data gathering in mORMot, including reporting.
For SOA, calls information can be written in a database, as defined by http://synopse.info/files/html/Synopse% … l#TITL_183
Using a database for storing such information is very versatile, even more than any web interface: using SQL, you can make up any complex query you need...
Therefore you have reporting at hand, since you can export/print/whatever your data - e.g. using SynDBExplorer on the log database.
We use it to monitor on real time production servers, using a remote administration interface, and DDD's ToolsAdmin.

I don't really understand the IoT stuff in RAD Server, and don't see why we may not use mORMot in this field...
In fact, I'm currently employee of one of the biggest companies in the world making IoT (in the security field), using mORMot to build cloud of servers with thousands of simultaneously connected devices...
mORMot is not a toy option in the IoT field, I can assure you.

How did you make the video? Using which tool?
It plays nicely.

#3 2016-12-22 13:51:22

erick

Thanks Ab.

I apparently overpriced EWB, it's only $359 US.  I was mistakenly wrote what I paid in Canadian dollars.

Yes, the mormot analytics are very powerful indeed, I will put that into the videos comments if you haven't already.

I made the video on a Mac using PowerPoint, with Quicktime audio/screen recorder, and iMovie to trim the length.

Erick

#4 2016-12-24 15:25:53

donaldshimoda
Website

erick wrote:

Thanks Ab.

I apparently overpriced EWB, it's only $359 US.  I was mistakenly wrote what I paid in Canadian dollars.

Yes, the mormot analytics are very powerful indeed, I will put that into the videos comments if you haven't already.

I made the video on a Mac using PowerPoint, with Quicktime audio/screen recorder, and iMovie to trim the length.

Erick

I just buy your two books on amazon and expect to understand in depth EWB and mormot. We have now all our systems with Delphi/Freeepascal + RemoBjects + firebird Server.

Bets regards.

Board footer