#1 2017-02-14 12:53:09

StxLog

Synchronize master/slave

Hello AB,

We'are adding synchronization to our project.
Here is a sample project i've made for this topic https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0BLh … zZsUVV2UTA (you will probably need to update the .dcu folder for both project)

In this sample, if you connect to local server and start synchronization, then add on both table some data, the synchronization process is well executed and data are replicated in the slave DB.
But if you just connect to local server without starting synchronization, add some data on both table, and then enable synchronization, it will only synchronize on slave side the first table to start.

We have noticed this when we have started to add synchronization on existing database. We had only few tables replicated, depending on the first we were synchronizing.

Is this expected, or are we doing something wrong somewhere? Maybe it isn't allowed to replicate multiple table?

I hope you'll understand me well, and thanks for your help.

edit: edited link to add SynRestMidasVCL.pas and SynRestVCL.pas to project

Last edited by StxLog (2017-02-28 11:48:51)

#2 2017-02-28 11:48:40

StxLog

Re: Synchronize master/slave

Hello again,
I'm sorry to insist, but we would like to know if we are doing something wrong here and if yes, where/how? Everything is kind of working in our project except this hmm

Does anyone is using "real-time synchronization" on multiple table? Any advice?

And i'll add a question: is there a way of re-evaluate the 'version' field on a whole DB or table?

Thank you to all.

#3 2017-02-28 13:00:41

ab
Administrator
Website

Currently, we do not have multiple tables real-time synchronization in production.
Only single tables - each one with its own TSQLRestServer/TSQLRestClient instances.
So there may be a problem with multiple tables.

Did you investigate the behavior you observed?

#4 2017-02-28 13:51:32

StxLog

Oh I didn't understood this in the doc, now I get why we are stuck.
Sadly not deeply enough, we wanted to know if it was coming from us or the framework before going deeper, we are kind of late for our project.
We will try to investigate and keep you informed in this topic as we progress.

#5 2017-02-28 17:15:48

ab
Administrator
Website

Sorry for the confusion...

Board footer