#1 2017-04-24 19:55:19

Wilstyx

TCP and TLS can it been done ?

I have a tool that I furnish and maintain for Free to my 160 + Coworkers. I want to be able to do what I thought was going to be a trivial task of:
Logging on to a Jabber (XMPP) Server,Request a Roster of a Room,Send a Message to a User Selected JID from that roster ,then Log out.
I can log in to a test server, I can get the roster, I can send a test message and log out.
Now the problem the ACTUAL server I need to log into requires TLS. I CAN NOT use any Externally Dll's other than the ones supplied by M$ in Windows 7.  I really just need to know if I can do it with the SynCrtSock or not. I think its something simple I am missing. There is no Actual StartTLS that I can find ( or understand ) I just don't want to keep beating my head against the wall just so find out it can not be done. THANK YOU In advance for your help.

#2 2017-04-24 20:05:21

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: TCP and TLS can it been done ?

If your server supports XMPP over HTTPS then you can use SynCrtSock directly with no external dll.

#3 2017-04-24 21:31:58

Wilstyx

Thank you so much for the quick reply - at least i am not barking up the wrong tree. I have used the SQLite3 static libraries in several projects and it took a learning curve there also. Just need to figure exactly how now thanx again !

#4 2017-04-27 14:45:31

Wilstyx

I apologize ahead of time but I have to admit I am lost.
--------------------------------
property UseSSL: boolean read fUseSSL;
Is TRUE if the caller is connected via HTTPS
- only set for THttpApiServer class yet
--------------------------------
Does this mean that SSL/TLS can not be used in Clients ? This has been one of the hardest task to find simple examples of
how to do the TLS ( in my case don't even need the Certificate Verification as i am only connecting to one server)
using windows SSPI with Delphi XE3. Any help anyone can give me would be most appreciated. Maybe that this task is beyond my
ability but so far cant even find any help either.

#5 2017-04-27 15:01:08

ab
Administrator
Website

In its current state, you can use HTTPS clients (i.e. HTTP over TLS), but not plain TLS TCP clients.

#6 2017-04-27 15:15:45

Wilstyx

Well thank you for the Quick Reply. Not what i wanted to hear. But at least I know i have to continue my search !
Thank you Again.

Board footer