#1 2018-11-19 23:41:03

Horbs

mORMot and Elevate Web Builder

Just been working on my first mORMot / Elevate Web Builder application - started a few weeks ago and I'm having all kinds of problems.

My first question is for Arnaud, I'll post the second question as a seperate request.

I've noticed that the mORMot source hosts 2 wrappers (Mustache and Smart Mobile Studio) for accessing mORMot servers as part of the mORMot library, and I'm wondering if we could add one for EWB (Elevate Web Builder).

Erick Engelke has opensourced his mORMot wrapper (as sample code provided with his two EWB/mORMot books), and that would be a really good place to start in terms of collaboration to make best use of these two excellent frameworks.

Arnaud, can you advise whether you think this would be a worthwhile innitiative? If yes, I'll check with Erick to identify the most suitable version of his source code to include as a part of mORMot.

Horbs

#2 2018-11-20 05:28:28

edwinsn

Re: mORMot and Elevate Web Builder

I wish so. I have briefly tried several versions of both  Elevate Web Builder  and SMS, and I prefer  Elevate Web Builder very much, for 3 reasons;
- Its document for the UI framework seems to be completed.
- It's much stable in my experience (just maybe less than a hour of trying).
- It's UI framework is focused on Desktop screenshot size but not mobile screen size.

I'm waiting for their addition of the code-complete feature.

So it'll be definitely a great great great thing if mORMot supports generating wrapper for  Elevate Web Builder .

Delphi XE4 Pro on Windows 7 64bit.
Lazarus trunk built with fpcupdelux on Windows with cross-compile for Linux 64bit.

#3 2018-11-20 08:15:45

ab
Administrator
Website

Any input is welcome!
(we don't own EWB nor use it here - and don't forget mORMot is an Open Source project, so contributions are crucial)

We would with great pleasure include any dedicated mustache template to generate EWB client code.

#4 2018-11-20 10:00:32

Horbs

Thanks AB - that's great news. I'll let Erick know. Many thanks.

Edwin - agree with you :-)

Last edited by Horbs (2018-11-20 10:05:12)

#5 2018-11-20 15:11:45

emk

I don't think mustache templates are needed, just only some dedicated methods to provide the need JSON in a special format:

a) if you use EWB datasets, this is the link for the needed JSON: EWB JSON reference
b) if you use objects, EWB will know to deserialise your object and automatically create subobjects if the main object descends from TPersitent.

When the time comes I hope I can contribute with some code.

Last edited by emk (2018-11-20 22:13:55)

#6 2018-11-20 18:34:26

ab
Administrator
Website

The mustache templates allow to create one ready-to-be-used unit on the client side, to be compiled with your client EWB project, with all SOA calls and parameters, and all ORM definitions.
So you can just use the SOA services by using EWB object pascal language. smile
If the server side changes, just regenerate the unit, and your client side will have the EWB compiler check all parameters expectations - safe and convenient for sure!
See what is already available for SMS - https://synopse.info/files/html/Synopse … l#TITL_116

Eventually, we will make available a mustache wrapper template for https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmswebcoreintro.asp clients.
It could make sense to have the same high level of integration with EWB.

#7 2018-11-22 05:39:08

erick

As far as I have seen, I wouldn't be surprised if I've done the most with successful combined EWB+Mormot application building.  I've been doing that for almost 3 years now.

I've been working on new samples and a new chapter for my 3rd edition of my book which will demonstrate SIMPLE access to mormot from EWB.  The updated Ebook will be available for $20 US from my web site, or obviously more if you purchase a paperback version from Amazon.  BUT it's not ready yet.

It's been held up because I was also working on OIDC, CAS, SAML integration and CSS, CSRF avoidance and simplifying my examples to be more readable.

I realize mormot is OSS and EWB is not.  However, EWB only requires a purchase and does not require any addiitonal run-time licensing.  I see it as a practical way to support the primary developer.  Likewise, book sales are what fuel my efforts, so I appreciate when people pay for them.

Erick

#8 2018-11-22 06:34:13

edwinsn

@Erick, I'll be willing to buy your ebook when I actually start using EWB (at least when it's code complete feature is ready.

Delphi XE4 Pro on Windows 7 64bit.
Lazarus trunk built with fpcupdelux on Windows with cross-compile for Linux 64bit.

#9 2018-11-24 06:55:38

Horbs

This is a resopnse to emk's post.

emk, it would be really, really usefull if you could post some guidance on getting started with EWB - making requests to the mORMot ORM.

Some people may need functionality (specific Use Cases) that Erick's solution doesn't support - and some may wish to expand Erick's library with new features for their own special requirements, and some guidance on using the "native" EWB features to access a mORMot Server would be really usefull.

Maybe, just to start with - just some points on how to begin - just some instructions to get people started rather than (for now) code examples.

I wish there was somewhere that interested parties could discuss and collaborate - anyone have any ideas ? If we can raise the profile of this kind of solution it should benifit both mORMot and EWB.

Cheers

Horbs

Board footer