#1 2018-11-22 16:02:29

imperyal

Seesion data and group timeout

Hello!

I'm trying to make sense of the meaning of the user group timeout value. For testing purposes I'm using a timeout of 5 (minutes) and my interface is in sicPerGroup mode.
I noticed that the session data stays for much longer then 5 minutes (user logged in or not), it seems that the data is being kept for 30 minutes if all the group's users are idling, then it is deleted.

What is the recommended way to ensure the data is kept as long as the groups's users are logged in (delphi client / ajax client)? Do I need to ping the server periodically or there is another/better way?
What does the timeout actually do?

Thank you!

#2 2018-11-22 17:22:11

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Seesion data and group timeout

There is an automatic session renewal from the Delphi client, as soon as the Delphi client is connected.
For AJAX, it is not automated, and you have to make a request with the session (or _ping_) to renew the session timeout.

#3 2018-11-22 17:48:44

imperyal

Re: Seesion data and group timeout

Hello ab, thank you for your response.

Even on the delphi client, I get an authentication error if the user does not make any call to the server in the specified group timeout.

My simple tests is:
In the delphi client I call .SetUser and wait 5 minutes in this case. If I try to call any interface method I get 'Authentication Failed: Invalid signature (0)'.

== Edit ==

Another thing, if I set a timeout of 60 minutes, the data stored in my server classes will not be there if the user is idle for more then 30 minutes, despite his timeout of 60 minutes. Is this the normal behavior? Or is there a way to set a timeout for the memory retention too?

Thank you very much and keep on doing this amazing work.

Last edited by imperyal (2018-11-22 18:13:44)

Board footer