#1 2010-07-21 18:19:35

rkaiser

Image position when creating PDF from EMF

Hello,

i have a simple EMF file that contains some text and a graphic on the center of the page. The EMF displays correctly. When i render the EMF to a PDF document using TPDFCanvas.RenderMetafile the immage is displayed on the top of the resulting PDF (at position 0/0)

Do you have any hint what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Ralf

P.S.: ist it possible to add attachments to this forum post? I could upload the EMF and the resulting PDF as sample

#2 2010-07-21 18:49:27

PictoSelector
Website

Re: Image position when creating PDF from EMF

I had the same problem but in the source control you can find a version which is fixed.

(log in to source control anonymous, select leaves and last version te get a zip with all units of the latest version)

Martijn van der Kooij
Creator of Picto Selector - www.PECSforAll.com

#3 2010-07-22 07:49:07

ab
Administrator
Website

In order to get the latest version of the source code, follow these steps:

1. Pointer your web browser at http://synopse.info/fossil or select the "Source Code" button on the top toolbar of this page. Then Click on the "Login" menu button.

2. Log in as anonymous. The password is shown on screen. Just click on the "Fill out captcha" button then on the "Login" button. The reason for requiring this login is to prevent spiders from walking the entire website, downloading ZIP archives of every historical version, and thereby soaking up all our bandwidth.

3. Click on "Leaves" on the main top bar button on screen.

4. Click on the first link (something like 6b684fb2]) just left to the "Leaf:" text on the screen.

5. Then click on "ZIP archive" link in "Other Links" section.

You'll get a ZIP archive with all the files of the repository, up to date.

Then open this archive, and you'll find SynZip.pas and PasZip.pas units in its root directory.

Thanks for your interest!

#4 2010-07-22 08:29:36

ab
Administrator
Website

About attachments, they are not allowed in this forum, because the forum code itself doesn't implement them.

You can put the files on the web, and provide a link. That was what "PictoSelector" made.

You can also send me an email to abouchez at magic dot fr

And don't forget:

1. to get the latest source code from our repository before any request, and try if the issue was not already corrected;

2. add a new Tickets in our source code repository, for a feature request or an issue to be fixed.

#5 2010-07-22 17:33:24

rkaiser

With the correct version of the source it works like a charm now!

Thanks for your answers.

Ciao,
Ralf

#6 2010-07-22 21:09:32

ab
Administrator
Website

You're welcome!

I've uploaded the source code from the repository to the main stable archive version.

See http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=68

Board footer