#1 2014-04-18 09:47:59

ab
Administrator
Website

Slides introducing mORMot's architecture and design principles

We have just released a set of slides introducing ORM, SOA, REST, JSON, MVC, MVVM, SOLID, Mocks/Stubs, Domain-Driven Design concepts with Delphi, and showing some sample code using our Open Source mORMot framework.
This is a great opportunity to discovers some patterns you may not be familiar with, and find out how mORMot try to implement them.

See https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= … sp=sharing

This set of slides may be less intimidating than our huge documentation - do not be terrified by our 1400 pages Software Architecture Design pdf!

This is the forum thread for http://blog.synopse.info/post/2014/04/1 … principles

Feedback is welcome!
This is a first draft, and will eventually be an evolving set of documents.

#2 2015-06-01 08:19:33

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Slides introducing mORMot's architecture and design principles

I've just updated the slides.
It now reflects the latest state of the framework (e.g. Table real-time synchronization, asynchronous callbacks, DDD CQRS services...).

Any additional feedback is welcome!

#3 2015-06-01 09:50:58

TPrami

Hello,

I've been pondering that would be very helpful that someone would make "full" mORMot app on Youtube. Like Fisfacts with couple more features to show how app should be build from scratch.

IF you look at plain Demo it pnly shows the result but not the process. And YouTube-video could also tell what and why.

Or it could be series of videos how to add feature X.

But anyhow it would  far superior to just to have demo app and the result code.

Later could have WEB interface or Mobile etc.

I think best would be feature by feature Work in progress type of Webinar/Video to see best practices and would also see what kind of work it would be from day to day.

I started one hobby project and did some code for it, but then it hit me that I am not sure at all am I doing this in best possible mORMot way.

Video to go something like

1. Define some basics and units and so
2. Add some basic structure/Tables
3. Add some Data validity stuff Foreign keys
4. Add authentication
5. Add Feature X
6. Add feature Y

Hope this random rambling gives the idea what I would love to see. It could more than less show all bells and whistles of mORMot in one (set of) video(s). Maybe not all, but on app that would have Clitn, server an DB and authentication could be later.

-Tee-

#4 2015-06-01 09:59:00

TPrami

(and I know it is not trivial task to make such video or keep webinar of it, but I know it would open the mORMot up for many people way better than few static demos)

#5 2015-06-01 11:37:30

ab
Administrator
Website

Good idea.

I never made any Webinar, but it may be of some interest.
Which tool is recommended (we may publish it in real time, then upload it on YouTube as reference).

My wife is pushing me to create a "mORMot Academy", since she observed that a lot of people try to know as much as possible about our little rodent.
wink

Feedback is welcome!

#6 2015-06-01 12:22:33

AOG

Could you give me her email address ... so that I can push her to push you to implement pure pascal interfaces for ARM ... ;-)

Last edited by AOG (2015-06-01 12:23:18)

#7 2015-06-01 13:02:41

ab
Administrator
Website

@AOG
She would ask me why did this Pascal guy break your arm. wink

#8 2015-06-02 04:57:37

TPrami

This Video/Webinar is very important because of the Process.

Making small program and preferably enhance it in series of webinars. To further see the process.

It is like going into Paris and into the Louvre, look all the paintings, but it would be much more interesting to see how Leonardo Da Vinci actually painted the Mona Lisa.

It could be similar to FishFacts, and add some features to show off all the Good features of mORMot. And to actually show whole process from DataBase to the component on the screen.

Like I told in my post, because of mORMot flexibility and set of features, you can also easily make App that has worst possible structure smile

-Tee-

Last edited by TPrami (2015-06-02 05:02:16)

#9 2015-06-02 05:52:04

ab
Administrator
Website

Do you know any tool to make such Webinar?

#10 2015-06-03 04:38:02

TPrami

Not a Free one... Here at work they use Citrix, which have subscription  based model.

Here is some reviews : http://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resou … nd-the-web

Sadly many you have to pay something like $80 month subscription, don't know if they have some other price for single use.

IndieGoGo (etc) and have those webinars when people pay, I am willing to pay for sure. Who is with me wink

-Tee-

#11 2015-06-03 08:52:49

ab
Administrator
Website

Board footer