#1 2015-12-21 20:58:25

rossmcm

Placing all sources in the same folder

I notice that all the Synopse downloads share some files - SynCommons.pas being an example.  If I examine the datestamps and sizes of these files in each module however, they are different.

Why don't the individual projects (SynPDF, mORMot, SynGDIPlus, SynBigTable) all use the latest stable release of the common files?

I had originally planned to put all the files in one folder, to keep the number of folders in the search path to a minimum, but I'm now thinking maybe that would not be a sensible thing to do.  Does anyone have any comments please?

Thanks,
R

EDIT:  I see that SynGDIPlus is self-contained and only uses Delphi system units.

Last edited by rossmcm (2015-12-21 22:07:49)

#2 2015-12-21 22:55:46

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Placing all sources in the same folder

If you use several parts, use the while mORMot source code.

If you use a single library, you may use only the relevant sub part.

But you have everything you need in the main mORMot repository.

#3 2015-12-21 23:46:40

rossmcm

Re: Placing all sources in the same folder

OK, thanks for your comments.  Am I right in assuming that there is only one "unstable build" version of SynPDF.pas, and that is the same file as is present in http://synopse.info/files/mORMotNightlyBuild.zip?  In that case, if I wanted to use only SynPDF and SynGDIPlus, wouldn't I be better just to get the mORMot nightly build repo files and put that folder in my search path?

Board footer