#1 2011-04-27 07:29:28

pcspace

pdfrichedit does not show asian language chars

I download pdfrichedit from  http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=76  , with the demo rtf file testrtf.rtf ,it do good job. but when i input any asian language (japanese.chinese...), the pdf file does not show zhe asian language chars.

can you show me  how to deal with the matter? with codes please or show me a new demo.

#2 2011-04-27 09:15:43

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: pdfrichedit does not show asian language chars

I guess it's because the font fallback is not implemented yet, as documented in the unit.

If you use a true type font containing all needed glyphs instead of plain standard font, the pdf file should contain all characters.

#3 2011-04-27 09:44:57

pcspace

I have install all the fonts in my computer . with the demo ,i just put a button and a opendialog ,code as below:

if opendialog1.execute  then
   richedit.lines.loadformfile( opendialog1.filename )
else
  exit;

--------------------------------

if  the loaded rtf file is all english characters,it do well. if is contain chinese characters(I have install the chinese font library)  it do not work.

#4 2011-04-27 13:04:10

ab
Administrator
Website

As I wrote above, the chinese characters must be added to the RichEdit content with the exact True Type Font name which contains all the needed glyphs.

You'll have to process the rtf content so that the Font used will be the good one when it has Chinese characters within. For instance, if the rtf content is writing the text as Arial and that the Chinese glyphs are not defined for Arial, it will fail render them.

#5 2011-04-29 05:47:08

pcspace

Thank you , I can not deal with the matter  with synpdf lib.
With PDFCreator  can out put PDF files contains japanese chinese characters .

Board footer