#1 2017-01-06 13:37:55

donaldshimoda
Website

Theres oficial dataset component available in mormot?

I spend last two weeks reading a lot about mormot and aurelius. Im long time user of RemObjects (im a TeamRo member BTW) and want to try the new fresh air of a ORM in that project. is an internal project so is the ideal candidate to test a new technology.

AFAIK Aurelius see a lot more Delphi user friendly that mormot. Thats and the lack of a simple Dataset component to put in a data module and link to data controls is the main stop light for me on taking my work on mormot. That and the lot of recommendation about forgetting RAD. That scary any Delphi developer (i am from Delphi 1).

Im getting today i hope the only book about mormot i fined. Is mormot and Web builder. So, i imagine has not the response for my main question.

One of the strongest thing delphi have is the amount of data controls out there. Without a very well implemented dataset we are breaking bridges not open new ones.

Im a devexpress user and without a dataset component we have nothing.

I find a dataset implementation from Emartin. is that the official or supported implementation of dataset for mormot?
Work this with any data control component? I mean if this is a standard dataset or don't.

I see that work over Json. So, theres no component working over the TSQLRecord class?

Another thing very interest in Aurelius is the amazing chance to query use linq. Linq is the standard. Do you have some plans to implement Linq on mormot?

Finally, theres a lot of plus in mormot:

Wok in linux intel and arm (not verified, test fails, maybe for not using newpascal)? Aurelius sure will have this soon (next delphi for linux release) only for intel.
Chance to maintain a versioning for the records (amazing, not sure if will use but is there)
Chance to implement a synchronization schema between servers.

All the other stuff, like automatic gun or pdf removing don't see that in my radar in the meantime.

Aurelius + xdata /remotedb

Still seems Aurelius is a lot more Delphi friendly than mormot.
Class are delphi class, not special tsqlrecords.

Anyway, just try tom share my concerns about mormot.

Will be glad to have some response from advanced users.

Best regards.

Last edited by donaldshimoda (2017-01-06 13:38:24)

#2 2017-01-06 14:22:20

EMartin

Re: Theres oficial dataset component available in mormot?

My non-visual component TSynRestDataset descend from TCustomClientDataset and the internal dataset descend from TDataset (TSynRestSQLDataset->TSynBinaryDataset->TSynVirtualDataset->TDataset), what I consider "official" because is based in Delphi components. You can convert TSynRestDataset in visual building a package in design time.

TSynRestDataset works with any aware component because descend from TDataset, I implemented basic functionality for my purposes but can be extended, I made small changes but I have not uploaded it, my coworker is using it with Developer Express grid components (very old version). We works with Delphi 7.

Best regards and sorry for my spanglish.

Esteban

#3 2017-01-06 16:04:08

donaldshimoda
Website

EMartin wrote:

My non-visual component TSynRestDataset descend from TCustomClientDataset and the internal dataset descend from TDataset (TSynRestSQLDataset->TSynBinaryDataset->TSynVirtualDataset->TDataset), what I consider "official" because is based in Delphi components. You can convert TSynRestDataset in visual building a package in design time.

TSynRestDataset works with any aware component because descend from TDataset, I implemented basic functionality for my purposes but can be extended, I made small changes but I have not uploaded it, my coworker is using it with Developer Express grid components (very old version). We works with Delphi 7.

Best regards and sorry for my spanglish.

Im spanglish too, from argentina, *chavón*! wink

Ok, your partner is using with devexpress not in visual mode?  You link by hand dataset in code? But devexpress grids takes field info at design time. Must i define by hand that stuff? How he work with this situations?

Best regards *loco*. Abrazo de gol!

#4 2017-01-07 17:36:50

erick

Hi,

I'd say it depends on your client.  You said you are getting my book, it shows using mormot to output JSON, and using web clients based on Elevate Web Builder which accepts that JSON as a dataset and lets you walk through the JSON as a TDataSet in terms that feel very Delphi-like.

I would recommend using the SOA RPCs in the book, as they are the most flexible way of accessing data.

Good luck.
Erick

Board footer