#1 2017-06-19 16:26:42

ertank

Understanding client connections

Hello,

I am a happy user of AES encryption only functions of mORMot for over a year. I have a need to develop a license server using a kind of web service. As mORMot is a web service I started to read about it. It was not easy for me to understand the logic because I am totally and I mean purely a newbie on ORM.

Example "14 - Interface based services" was helpful to my needs. I also checked other examples to have better knowledge. Which helped me to setup encryption on my connection and data transmission. I think I have set it up on my server side OK as I can see below lines when server starts:

20170619 15453031  +    mORMotHttpServer.TSQLHttpServer(0364F200).Create useHttpApiRegisteringURI (secSynShaAes) on port 8888

However, I am not sure if my client setup is OK. I cannot understand from client connection logs if they are encrypt or not. I do not wish to install Wireshark as I am not comfortable using it (I have tried it earlier this year and could not use right).

Is it possible to know somehow if connection is encrypt or not?

My test server related code:

aHTTPServer := TSQLHttpServer.Create(PORT_NAME, [aServer], '+', useHttpApiRegisteringURI, 32, secSynShaAes);

My test client related code:

Client := TSQLHttpClient.Create('localhost', PORT_NAME, Model);
TSQLHttpClientWinHTTP(Client).Compression := [hcSynShaAes];

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

#2 2017-09-29 14:59:34

zemorango

Re: Understanding client connections

Hi ertank, it seams that nobody give you a answer, but did you manage to make this work?

Board footer