#1 2019-08-22 11:40:07

ajtom

Clipping Problem

Hello,

probably CreateClipRect (pdf.VCLCanvas.Handle, Rect (0, 0, xxx, xxx)); is unsupported. Are there alternatives?

Thank you and best regards

Small bug: Using pdf.VCLCanvas.TextRect results in subsequent positioning errors.

#2 2019-08-23 11:19:11

EvaF

Re: Clipping Problem

HEllo,
I had to solve clipping problem too for my project (pdf + patterns).
I have extracted only my changes related on clipping into separate branch:
https://github.com/Eva-F/SynPDF/tree/Ev … lip-branch

try it, plz ...
I am appologizing I have currently  no time to test it

#3 2019-11-20 14:14:20

MtwStark

Hi ajtom,
I have fixed many problems about clipping in SynPDF

Take a look at this post PDFEngine Clipping Implementation + Output stream optimizations
You will find a link to download my version of SynPDF.pas. This is not my last version but you can check if it solves your clipping problems.
Read through the post to see updates.

MtwStark

#4 2020-02-17 19:42:58

ArnoBrinkman

Due the clipping problems this PDFengine is unusable, i'm wondering how other people are getting around with it.
I know it's a free version and shouldn't expect to much, but wondering how other developers fixed it. Or all moved to something else?

Also i tried the version of MtwStark which seems to stick a lot of effort in it to fix it, but i still get blank results for EMF images sad

#5 2020-02-17 22:46:52

ab
Administrator
Website

It works fine if there is no or simple clipping. So I would't write that "this PDFengine is unusable". Perhaps for you, expecting complex clipping.

The fixes proposed by 3rd parties were not working for everyone, so currently I didn't include them to the trunk.
You should try the alternative versions.
And it is not only a "free as beer" project, but also "free as bird" - so you are welcome trying to enhanced its clipping support.
But be aware it seems hard to fix clipping for some particular cases without breaking the existing...

#6 2020-02-17 23:56:15

ArnoBrinkman

ab wrote:

It works fine if there is no or simple clipping. So I would't write that "this PDFengine is unusable". Perhaps for you, expecting complex clipping.

The fixes proposed by 3rd parties were not working for everyone, so currently I didn't include them to the trunk.
You should try the alternative versions.
And it is not only a "free as beer" project, but also "free as bird" - so you are welcome trying to enhanced its clipping support.
But be aware it seems hard to fix clipping for some particular cases without breaking the existing...

Believe me when i had the time i would invest in it and post back to the community, for now i found llPDFLib which seems to handle it all right. Library is a bit dated though.
Wonders me that not so many are using clipping, certainly for reporting.
Anyway thank for response and when there's an update i'm open for testing.

Last edited by ArnoBrinkman (2020-02-18 00:00:20)

Board footer