#1 2019-11-29 09:40:19

itSDS

SynDBUniDAC with prDirect compared to prNativeClient(prAuto)

Hi i use UniDAC 8.1.2 for SQL Server 11 with mORMot's SynDBUniDAC.
Here i made some Speedtests and compared the divers SQL Server.Provider Options.
The Queries itself are nearly with the same Speed. But in the first Connect Part of any ServerRequest the prDirect Option uses 120ms on my System to Connect. the prAuto only 10ms that is 12times slower.

We use mORMot as Rest/Soa Service, for every Rest Request the Connection is newly opened.
Some Heavily transfers use 2seconds with prAuto and 10s with prDirect.
The Reason ist the 120ms Connection Time.

Does anybody have a idea why direct connect is that slower ?

Rad Studio 12.1 Santorini

#2 2019-11-29 19:31:02

mpv
Website

Re: SynDBUniDAC with prDirect compared to prNativeClient(prAuto)

We use SynDBOleDB on Windows and SynDBODBC on Linux. Some of our deployments serve up to 5000 db query per second to SQL server, so both unit are very stable. May be this is a good option to try.

But we relay on connection pool ( use ThreadSafeConnection ) to improve performance. Esteblishing connection for each REST request is very slow for any DB server including MS SQL and definiriantly kills any performance. This not depends on client library implementation, but from DB server architecture.

#3 2019-11-30 09:26:17

itSDS

Re: SynDBUniDAC with prDirect compared to prNativeClient(prAuto)

Hi mpv i used the syndboledb before, but offen i get Exception that free was called from wrong thread in disconnect.
and we have customer in great business where the installation of sqlncli is not possible.
Wih new UniDAC 8.1.2 i wanted to give Unidac a try with SQL Server.Provider=prDirect where no extra Software ist needed.

Yesterday i found the solution for the UniDAC Connect "lag":
Just set SQL Server.ConnectionTimeout to 0 in Specialoptions.

Rad Studio 12.1 Santorini

Board footer