#1 2024-02-27 16:36:27

slapshot

Help getting started with mORMot 2

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm trying to learn how to use the mORMot 2 framework for developing server applications. I need a little help to get started and would be grateful if someone could provide me with examples or helpful tips.

Specifically, I'm looking to create a simple prototype of a server application that can query a table containing over 1 million records within an MS SQL Server database and return the result in a browser. I would also like to understand how to effectively manage memory and optimize queries to handle such a high volume of data.

If anyone could point me to code examples or provide me with advice on how to proceed, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 2024-02-27 19:41:27

igors233

Re: Help getting started with mORMot 2

For web browser app built with mORMot you can look at mvc-blog or WebMustache in examples.
For accessing database I don't know if there are samples in mORMot2 but there are in mORMot1 (SynDB Explorer).

Have in mind that browser isn't great for displaying large number of rows, if your query will return more than 5k records you should consider adding same pagination or similar technique to limit records to a usable size.

Board footer