#1 2011-12-09 14:10:26

reddwarf
Website

ScreenCast in Delphi

I wrote a screencasting software in Delphi and I'll release the source code for it in some days. If you find it interesting, you can take a look at the current progress at http://www.kluug.at/videotutorial.php . You can play with a dll for C++/Delphi and with the recording application.
I think it is a good alternative to other screencasting software since it offers loseless video compression and a simple native video format.

#2 2011-12-09 14:42:28

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: ScreenCast in Delphi

Nice information.

Releasing the source code is very promising, especially since it this is a proprietary format with no "codec" available.

My only concern is about so many needed external dependencies. You can not just deploy a single exe, but need some external dll.
Perhaps including them as resource may help.

I'm happy to see that SynCrypto is used within the project.

Congrats!

#3 2011-12-09 17:08:34

reddwarf
Website

Re: ScreenCast in Delphi

thanks!

most of the external libraries are needed only for the audio and only by the recorder...

the player needs only the ogg/mp3 codec libraries to play audio - there is no chance to get around that, to my mind... if you don't need any audio, you don't need the dll libraries, of course.

the file format is just a zip archive with an xml definition and an audio and png files wink simple wink

Board footer