#1 2012-12-21 11:59:20

Vladimir

SynCrypto for OSX?

Hello

I am interested in a simple AES implementation and found the synCrypto unit. I saw some defines in it for Linux and Windows. Can it be compiled for OSX also with DelphiXE2-XE3?

There were come calls to Windows threads API, but if they are not vital for the library I guess it should compile... If I am allowed to do some changes in the code of course.

Thanks
Vladimir

#2 2012-12-31 11:58:09

Vladimir

Re: SynCrypto for OSX?

Just for information if someone else is interested... I compiled the SynCrypto for OSX with Delphi XE3 with only a few minor modifications. I had to remove the SynCommons from the uses clause and copy 4-5 of the types from it to the SynCrypto. Also undefined the USETHREADS... define because it uses the Windows threads API so this part can not be compiled without major modifications.

The AES cipher works very well and gives quite good speeds compared to other two implementations I tried.

There was a problem when I added SynCrypto to the uses clause of a sandboxed OSX app. The app closes itself immediately after it is ran without any crash report or notice. There was no need to actually call any method from the SynCrypto, but only add it to the Uses.
I didn't debug that though because it didn't matter for me at the moment.

#3 2012-12-31 16:24:34

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: SynCrypto for OSX?

Thanks for the feedback.

Happy it helps.

Board footer