#1 2014-10-31 15:03:21

Registered: 2014-10-31
Posts: 2

mORMot/SQLite3 compiles under Lazarus, but does not run


first of all thank you for your great work!

I am stuck in the following problem:

I used mORMot orm /sqlite3 in a Delphi 7 project, worked.

Now I am about to move it to the latest Typhon / fpc.
(for win32)

did the following steps:
- got the latest version from git
- put   SynSQLite3Static  into the projects uses list
- compile sqlite3.o with c-fpcmingw.bat
- mingw is on its place (c:\progs\mingw)
- put sqlite3.dll and sqlite3-64.dll into both the target folder and the mORMot_1.18 folder
- add search path for mORMot_1.18 and mORMot_1.18/SQLite3

It compiles, but when starting the program, it ends with "could not start application (0x00007b)" (or similar, translated)

I am aware that, when statically linking the sqlite3.o then I would not need the sqlite3.dll.
But then again, in the SynSQLite3Static.pas - Initialisation part I find :
sqlite3 := TSQLite3LibraryDynamic.Create('sqlite3.dll');

This is confusing to me. 

Can anybody give a hint on how to track down what is missing or goes wrong at runtime?

Thank you very much in advance!!



#2 2014-11-03 07:34:39

Registered: 2014-02-24
Posts: 490

Re: mORMot/SQLite3 compiles under Lazarus, but does not run

Yes, this is confusing.
But, before I can help you, you have to tell me more about your setup.

mORMot version
Typhon version
Development system
Target system.

I have seen your error before, when trying to compile and run 64 bit mORMot.

And another important hint: sqlite3 := TSQLite3LibraryDynamic.Create('sqlite3.dll'); should be disabled !! If not, something is wrong with your setup.
Synopse.inc contains all the switches. The last lines will show you why and if. Look at {$define NOSQLITE3STATIC}. It should be undefined.


#3 2014-11-04 15:51:10

Registered: 2014-10-31
Posts: 2

Re: mORMot/SQLite3 compiles under Lazarus, but does not run

Thank you for your reply.

You are right about the  NOSQLITE3STATIC define, I missed it in the first place.

In the mean time we decided to stick on Delphi until the next release of our software.
The main reason is that there are a huge number of other conversion problems...

In the Delphi project the mORMot lib does a great job for us.

We will try the FPC thing again in the future.
If I encounter the problem again with the newest versions of mORMOT I will prepare
a sample and a detailed report. 

Thank you again an best regards..



Board footer

Powered by FluxBB