#1 2011-04-14 18:16:24

leledumbo

SQLite3 Framework in FPC

I've taken all Synopse Projects, but very interested in SQLite3 Framework due to its ORM and ability to export data as JSON (using these two, my web apps and services would be cleaner and better coded and organized). However, I've got a problem: where should I start learning it? There're only Delphi examples (not sure if Lazarus converter could convert them), and I don't know how to compile the documentation. I need a guide, really.

#2 2011-04-14 18:48:12

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: SQLite3 Framework in FPC

The documentation is available as a stand-alone document.
See http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=55

But for FPC/Lazarus, I think even the core of the ORM (SynCommons/SQLite3Commons) won't compile as such, because of some incompatibilities.

#3 2011-04-15 01:35:30

leledumbo

> The documentation is available as a stand-alone document.

I've read that one, IMO those are the technical documents, mainly for maintainers and improvers to understand the architecture, but can't be used as user manual.

> But for FPC/Lazarus, I think even the core of the ORM (SynCommons/SQLite3Commons)
> won't compile as such, because of some incompatibilities

Ow... that's bad to hear sad
The ORM is a very nice feature. So could you list which projects are compatible with FPC / Lazarus? Or maybe the degree of compatibility of each project?

#4 2011-04-15 05:22:52

ab
Administrator
Website

leledumbo wrote:

I've read that one, IMO those are the technical documents, mainly for maintainers and improvers to understand the architecture, but can't be used as user manual.

See the SAD document, all the paragraphs prior the units details.
You've got some guidelines. Especially in  the version in our source code repository.
I'll release version 1.13 soon, with updated documentation.
This first part - guidelines - has been enhanced to become more like an user manual.

leledumbo wrote:

The ORM is a very nice feature. So could you list which projects are compatible with FPC / Lazarus? Or maybe the degree of compatibility of each project?

I think tiopf is the only one Google found for "ORM freepascal": http://tiopf.sourceforge.net

I would love to have hcOPF support FreePascal but I haven't had the time to devote to get it compiling.
The source code is already prepared (there are conditionals for 64 bit compiler, I use PtrInt instead of NativeInt, you can use the typinfo.pas unit of FPC instead of my asm dedicated to Delphi).
But time is what is needed here.

Thanks to its structure, I think our ORM could be easily compiled with FPC, for its non-VCL part.
The UI part is not so easy to convert into Lazarus. I don't have any experiment about the LCL.

Board footer