#1 2021-08-09 07:05:32

yogiyang

Use SQLite for FireMonkey applications targeted for Windows and Linux

Hello,

I have tried FireDAC as well as Zeoslib to access SQLite database. I am able to do this in both but only when I compile my 64bit FMX application for windows platform.

But both of these need SQLite.dll so I take it that I cannot compile my application for Linux.

Are there any possibilities of using mORMot for building FMX app for Windows and Linux Desktop applications that will be accessing SQLite database (both plain and encrypted)?

Please guide me here.

Yogi Yang

#2 2021-08-09 07:14:52

ab
Administrator
Website

Re: Use SQLite for FireMonkey applications targeted for Windows and Linux

On Linux, there is usually no sqlite3.dll to distribute, because sqlite3 is better installed and maintained as part of the system, using the official apt/yum/rpm package of the distribution.

We don't support Delphi for Linux because we don't need it here (we focus on FPC Linux which is better/less bloated than the Delphi LLVM backend), and we don't own any license of it.
So there is currently no possibility to use mORMot with Delphi for Linux, nor plan to do it.

It could be feasible, much easier with mORMot 2 than with mORMOt 1 because the new mormot.core.os.pas unit centralizes most operating system calls, but it is not available.
As it is an Open Source project, anyone could contribute.

One possibility could be to compile your DB code using FPC/Lazarus into a .so, then use it from your FMX Delphi app.

#3 2021-08-09 11:00:58

yogiyang

!ab,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Actually I did try my hands on FPC/Lazarus but for compiling a project for Linux one has to install fpcupDelux but could not wrap my head around it so I dropped it.

I also tried my hands on CodeTyphoon.

Yogi Yang

#4 2021-08-09 12:03:33

AOG

Board footer