#1 2012-04-19 12:44:01

ab
Administrator
Website

Smart Studio: mORMot, from Delphi to JavaScript

Did you hear from the great Smart project?

It is an IDE and some source runtime able to develop and compile an Object-Pascal project into a HTML 5 / CSS 3 / JavaScript embedded application. It does target AJAX Mobile application (i.e. Android and iPhone/iPad apps running Web-Kit) creation. You'll get an unique .html file containing the whole client-side application: it won't need any server side implementation. Using a third-party tool like PhoneGap, you'd be able to supply your customers with true native applications, running without any network, and accessing the full power of any modern Smart Phone.

Smart is a great candidate for implementing rich client-side AJAX applications, to work with our client-server mORMot framework.

In order to interface Smart code with mORMot, we started implementing some low-level code to work with our RESTful authentication scheme.

So we'll need to implement some Smart dedicated Open Source code implementing crc32 and SHA-256 hashing.

This is the forum thread for this blog entry:
http://blog.synopse.info/post/2012/04/1 … JavaScript

#2 2012-04-27 18:23:35

mpv
Website

Re: Smart Studio: mORMot, from Delphi to JavaScript

"Smart" project for delphi programmers is like the GWT for Java programmers. But I think that's a bad idea to write on one high level language and translate code to other high level language (with performance and functionality lost). JavaScript is a very good language when use it smartly smile I develop server part of my project usin Synopse for transport and database layer and SpiderMonkey emadding for business logic. SpiderMonkey internal (C and C++ code) is really beautiful! And VERY fast - compartible and even better than .NET. Client part is writn on Sencha (ExtJS) and it very usefull too. But there are many other JS framework for build UI, like  JQueryUI or Yahoo, qooxdoo.org (it's a guys from ExtJS team).

#3 2013-01-30 15:30:24

ab
Administrator
Website

An implementation of SmartMobileStudio client to mORmot, working with authentication, has been supplied by LoPiTaL:
- Perform all the CRUD operations (delete, update, add and get) with ORM records.
- It is able to execute remote methods, including the usage of var and out parameters.

See http://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1066

Stay tuned!

#4 2014-07-30 08:47:38

ab
Administrator
Website

We are currently finalizing official cross-platform client generation.
It allows wrappers generation for ORM and Service client access for simple Smart Mobile Studio clients.
See http://synopse.info/fossil/tktview?name=d7e5521da5

It expects SMS 2.1 at least!
The SMS IDE and compiler is getting better and better at each release.
I do not have issue any more spending hours within the SMS IDE.
And use Chrome as debugger (including source code map to debug directly within the object pascal source code, not the javascript!).
smile

Board footer